Bringing you what’s new in travel for May 13th 2010
- Airfare Deals and News for the Week of May 14, 2010 – posted this over on Frommer's : Last-minute Aer Lingus flights to London, cheap fares from Alaska Airlines, and ideas for Father's Day presents — why not give the gift of travel?
- Kids who play with tech toys are less likely to travel – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Children who play computer games and use the Internet heavily tend to lose interest in traveling.
- Know Your Rights – I found this article over on Road Warrior: In 2006, Kate Hanni and her family were stuck for over nine hours at the Austin, Texas airport aboard a parked American Airlines jet. This unsettling experience fueled Hanni’s desire to organize FlyersRights.org, the largest non-profit airline consumer organization. After…
Read the rest at www.roadwarriortips.com
- Boeing takes six 787 cancellations –
- First Look: Virgin Atlantic’s New iPhone App – Things in the Sky –
Yesterday, Virgin Atlantic released two new iPhone apps into the wild – one to combat jet lag and another to track flights. Since I’ve been an iPhone user for a whopping six days, I decided to take a look. The former costs $1.99, so I haven’t downloaded it. But I did take a look at the free flight tracker.
The app from the get go looks pretty slick – there’s a nice 3D globe you get to spin around, allowing you to see all of the Virgin Atlantic flights in the air.. show all text
- test page for editors choice – Smarter Travel has posted some info about : aSDs
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Air France: London A380 flight stops jet sitting idle in Paris –