Bringing you what’s new in travel for March 1st 2010 through March 2nd 2010:
- From Twitter – RT @Jaunted 8 Major Things you should know about the next Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia http://bit.ly/dxuASE
- Paris on a Tight Budget – Smarter Travel has posted some info about travel question: The Deal Detective helps a reader see the City of Light on a tight budget. Plus, submit your own travel question for an upcoming case.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Ask Trip Coach: Cooking classes – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
(Illustration by Chris Gash)
If you want to truly get the flavor of a destination, why not learn the nitty-gritty of how the place creates its flavors?
- The best places to travel this month – AmyS_travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
Welcome to March! Where would you like to go this month?
- Shop talk: Slip through airport security in patriotic flats – Valerie Rains recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
It's hard to beat a ballet flat when it comes to slipping through the airport security line with minimal shoelessness. A new collection from 91-year-old Spanish company Pretty Ballerinas, debuting this spring, underscores the globetrotting aesthetic. The "Around the World" line has nine styles, inspired by the flags of Argentina, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the U.S., and of course, Spain. (There's also a riff on the Union Jack that is part of the company's core collection.)
- Fly Out of Regional Airports to Save Money and Hassle [Airline Travel Tip] – Lifehacker's Jason Fitzpatrick just posted this article:
When planning a flight most people focus on flying out of major airpots, hopping from one metropolitan area to another. Plotting a course that starts in a regional airport can lead to significant savings and less hassle. …
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- From Twitter – via @KAYAK 7 Tips for a More Fulfilling (and Frugal) Travel Experience http://bit.ly/9KYKEJ (@juliadimon) –jen