Bringing you what’s new in travel for June 29th 2010 through July 1st 2010:
- N’awlins: Should you drop that seafood po’boy? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- What’s the Easiest Way to and From the Airport? – Smarter Travel has posted some info about summer trip: After you've locked in airfares and hotel rates for your summer trip, you still have to get from the airport to your hotel. And unless you're being met, you have to decide among several options.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Passport fees to spike – Sean O'Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
The price of a passport jumps from $75 to $110, plus a $25 fee, on July 13. So if you've been procrastinating, now's the time to submit your application before costs go up.
- Get as Far From Your Office as Possible to Solve Sticky Problems [Mind Hacks] – Lifehacker's Jason Fitzpatrick just posted this article:
Solving problems while sitting in your office lends itself to coming up with solutions as boring and routine as your office walls have become. Get out and adventure—across the city, the state, even the world—to solve problems creatively and effectively. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- Experience the Caribbean like a local – RobinD_travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
Fancy, all-inclusive Caribbean resorts are perfectly fine. But what if you’d like to step away from that prepackaged, predictable experience and taste the Caribbean the way the locals do?
- Paris Controversy: Banning cars by the Seine – A. Christine Maxfield recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
The left bank of the Seine, with the Musée d'Orsay in the background (Jean Fran��ois Tripelon-Jarry/Courtesy French Tourist Board)
- They Canceled My Hotel Room (And I Can't Get It Back) – posted this over on Frommer's : A traveler's Priceline reservation is mistakenly canceled when he calls to add an extra night. Here's what you should do if you're ever in a similar situation.
- MapQuest Updates with a Focus on Trip Planning and Local Attractions [Mapquest] – Lifehacker's Jason Fitzpatrick just posted this article:
If you want to plan a driving route and see some things along the way, MapQuest has rolled out a new version of their popular mapping web site with a stronger emphasis on trip planning and local activities. More »
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- San Francisco: 5 gourmet ice-cream shops – Justine Sharrock recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
San Francisco's weather is warming up, the Fourth of July is nigh—summer is here. So what am I thinking about these days? Ice cream, of course.
- Boeing Feature Story: American Airlines partners with Boeing on 737 makeover –