Bringing you what’s new in travel for June 18th 2010 through June 20th 2010:
- Diving Into the History of Amsterdam’s Canals – In Transit Blog – NYTimes.com –
If you're coming to Amsterdam and are enamored of architecture, the canal belt is where you will be spending much of your time. A visit to a current exhibition at the Rijksmuseum, then, is a useful primer.
- 36 Hours in Bordeaux – NYTimes.com –
- World’s Best Tourist Attractions – Smarter Travel has posted some info about worth the wait: There are some sights you just can't miss. You may end up waiting in long lines, but there's a reason why these 10 destinations are worth the wait.
Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Belize: Amazing summer fares – Nina Willdorf recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
- Camping out with the critters – AmyS_travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:
If spending a day at a zoo, aquarium or museum is fun and educational, how about spending a night there? Many such facilities offer overnight programs that allow kids (and sometimes adults, too) a private audience with resident creatures or historical artifacts — from the comfort of their sleeping bags.
- San Francisco: 4 new Mission District hotspots – Justine Sharrock recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek's Travel Blog:
Even in the global recession, the Mission District is flourishing. Known for its arts and music scene, this huge neighborhood in the central city is the new home of small boutiques and restaurants that have been opening on a regular basis. Here���s a selection of our favorite spots that opened their doors just this month.
- AFP: BA ‘looking to expand in Madrid’ rather than London –