Bringing you what’s new in travel for January 4th 2010 through January 5th 2010:
- Best Times to Book Your 2010 Summer Vacation – Smarter Travel has posted some info about winter doldrums: The post-holiday, early-winter doldrums are an ideal time to start daydreaming about summer vacation. But is this also the best time to book?Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- From Twitter – RT @SanDiego6 Minneapolis airport reopens after bomb scare. The story on http://bit.ly/41ZWCB –
- CNN: What can scanners see? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:Here’s a funny and enlightening five-minute video from CNN.
- Follow science to follow the sun – RobinD_travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog:Scientists have an upper hand when it comes to planning a sun-filled vacation: NASA has used satellite data to create a database of the sunniest places in the world. The agency’s surface meteorology and solar energy data reveal that the sun blazes down most fiercely on a patch of the Pacific Ocean on the equator south of Hawaii and east of Kiribati, on Niger in the Sahara Desert and on the Atacama Desert in Chile.
- Since when did $67 a day for a car rental become a deal? – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:Lately, a lot of the car rental specials don’t seem all that special.
- From Twitter – RT @KFINEWS US Embassy reopening in Yemen.
- World’s newest tallest tower: Burj Dubai completed – JD Rinne recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:We’re only four days into 2010, and there’s already a new landmark in the world: The Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest tower at half a mile high, officially opened today.
- From Twitter – RT @BreakingNews Amsterdam airport operator says it will purchase 60 body scanners, denies lax security allegations – Reuters
- Why Is Record-Breaking Pilot Chuck Yeager Suing Virgin America? –