Bringing you what’s new in travel for January 14th 2010 through January 15th 2010:
- Five Crucial Travel Strategies for 2010 – Smarter Travel has posted some info about book a trip: There’s a lot to consider before you book a trip in 2010. From airline fees and finding a good deal to choosing the right destination and sliding through airport security, here’s what you need to know.Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- Readers’ Choice: Best food city in America? – Budget Travel recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:
We���re giving you the floor! We recognize that our readers are true experts, so we want to hear your thoughts on all sorts of travel topics.
Our October 2010 magazine issue will be devoted to what you tell us.
- Istanbul kicks off a culture-packed year – Kate Appleton recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:At 20:10 tomorrow evening, a music and light show over the Golden Horn harbor will broadcast Istanbul’s arrival as a European Capital of Culture for 2010. The citywide launch party also calls for fireworks and for concerts by an Ottoman-style military band in historic Sultanahmet, local pop star Tarkan at Taksim Square, and alternative rock band Mor ve Otesi at Kadikoy Square on the Asian side on the Bosporus. Many museums will be free and open until midnight.
- Slate asks: How to fix airport security? – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:Seeing as the TSA hasn’t been able to come up solutions, Slate asked readers to offer their suggestions for how to fix airport security. Of the hundreds of ideas submitted, a few were singled out as winners.
- Help a reader! Know of a travel-ready detergent? – Sean O’Neill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:Reader Sara Molnar is looking for a detergent that’s not a liquid and not a power for easy passage through TSA checkpoints.
- Are Entertainment Discount Books Worth Their Price Tag? – Smarter Travel has posted some info about ed perkins: Tons of hotel discounts are available online, so why would you need to invest in a coupon book? Ed Perkins explains where the books may or may not save you money.Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- From Twitter – RT @RunwayGirl RT @FlightSource DOT Unveils Improved Aviation Consumer and Enforcement Website http://tinyurl.com/ybh969y
- Pack a Gun to Protect Valuables from Airline Theft or Loss – Lifehacker’s Jason Fitzpatrick just posted this article:
If you don’t like your bags being out of your sight and it makes you uncomfortable to think that airline workers are rifling through your stuff, you can take advantage of the TSA’s own security rules by—eek—packing a gun. …
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- From Twitter – RT @DisneylandNews Here’s info on special offers at Disneyland Resort. http://bit.ly/8gQ8qO