Bringing you what’s new in travel for April 19th 2010 through April 21st 2010:
- Volcano Eruption Grounds Cruise Travelers, Disrupts Sailings – posted this over on Frommer’s : With the volcanic activity in Iceland interrupting thousands of vacations, the delays and inconvenience continues to reverberate far beyond northern Europe and far beyond air travel.
- Hawaiian Named Highest Quality Airline – Smarter Travel has posted some info about airline quality: Airline Quality Rating scores for 2009 indicate Hawaiian is the highest-quality airline in the U.S. Find out why they score so well, and why another airline may better deserve the distinction.Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- From Twitter – RT @travelitup Delta Resumes Nonstop Service to Valencia, Spain #travel http://bit.ly/cbx8mz
- Loyalty News: JetBlue and Hilton team up – JD Rinne recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:
- Where to see nature’s fireworks – RobinD_travel recently posted this over on the Bing Travel Blog: Every ash cloud has a silver lining, it seems. While the eruption of Iceland’s Eyjafjallajokull volcano is causing a painful disruption in air travel…(read more)
- Flight Dailies –
- Weekend Hotel Stays on Sale – Select Extended Stay Hotels – I found this article over on Road Warrior: Last minute deals for new bookings this weekend (stays 4/23 through 4/25) and next weekend (stays 4/30 through 5/2) at select Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations. Visit our Weekend Deals section by clicking here. From there, you can book and save…Read the rest at www.roadwarriortips.com
- Eco-Friendly Travel – I found this article over on Road Warrior: Strictly abiding by the “reduce, reuse, recycle” slogan will no doubt help to offset your carbon footprint on this world. However, many frequent travelers feel that sticking to this motto can be tricky. Sometimes the ease of plastic water bottles,…Read the rest at www.roadwarriortips.com
- San Francisco: Decoding Fernet Branca – Justine Sharrock recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:Maybe you’ve spotted Fernet Branca on a San Francisco bar menu—it’s one of the many obscure foodie obsessions of the city. In fact, it’s the unofficial drink of San Francisco—particularly among the city’s bartenders and young, hip set.
- Paris: Baguette Protocol – Steve Merrill recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:
Baker Djibril Bodian of Le Grenier à Pain walked away with the 2010 prize for best baguette in Paris (Marie Hennechart)
- Stuck in Europe? Do some sightseeing with the help of a free city guide app – Brad Tuttle recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:To help out stranded travelers, Lonely Planet announced a Volcano Relief Sale: 13 City Guide apps, which normally cost up to $16 apiece, can be downloaded for free to your iPhone.
- Body language basics – Thomas Berger recently posted this on This Just In… Newsweek’s Travel Blog:
- In Tough Times, Airlines Get Nasty, Travelers Get Crafty – Smarter Travel has posted some info about desperate attempts: The recession hit the airlines hard, and their passengers harder. Travelers have borne the brunt of the airlines’ desperate attempts to regain profitability.Head over to www.smartertravel.com to read the whole article.
- #travel – Lifehacker’s crichton007 just posted this article:
I should have figured this out sooner and I’m sure it’s not original but I discovered two things that might help road warriors. First, I prefer bottled water when I’m on the road because it consistently tastes better than random tap water (especially Texas in the late summer when there is a lot of chlorine int he water). But now that I am on a per diem (the company used to reimburse total food expenses with overall cost guidelines) I try to make the most with what I have. Refill used water bottles in the exercise room. Most hotels have filtered or large delivered water that is excellent for refilling used water bottles. More » …
Read the rest at Lifehacker
- From Twitter – RT @fareologist Analysts suspect United is trying 2 put tgthr a 3-way deal, 2 make them 50% larger than Delta http://binged.it/9mTFSY