If you purchase your ticket after 15JUN08 you may be charged for any checked bags.
Customers who purchase domestic economy class tickets on or after May 12, 2008 but before June 15, 2008 may check one bag for free and check a second bag for $25 each way. Customers who purchase domestic economy class tickets on or after June 15, 2008 will be charged $15 each way for the first checked bag and $25 each way for the second checked bag. Our carry-on policy of one personal item (such as a purse or laptop bag) plus one bag remains in place.
More details on AA’s website: Know before you go
- Customers traveling on an international itinerary to destinations beyond the U.S., the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, or Canada
- Customers who purchase full-fare tickets in Economy Class
- Customers who purchase Business or First Class tickets
- Customers flying on AA codeshare flights not operated by American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection®
- Customers traveling on government or military fares
- Military passengers on active duty
- AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® or AAdvantage Gold® members
- oneworld Alliance Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby members
- Customers flying on the same reservation as an AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum or AAdvantage Gold member or oneworld Alliance Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby member regardless of frequent flier status or fare type (not applicable to group bookings)
- AAnytime® Economy Class AAdvantage award tickets, MileSAAver(SM) or AAnytime First and Business Class AAdvantage award tickets
- First and Business Class upgrades confirmed prior to check in
- AAirpass travel